- Specialty Threads
- Colonial Persian Wool
- Colonial Persian Wool (Paternayan Persian Wool Replacement) CP1102 - CP1499
Colonial Persian Wool (Paternayan Persian Wool Replacement) CP1102 - CP1499
- Classic needlepoint thread that is super durable and forgiving to stitch with
- Made with 100% Long Staple Virgin Persian Wool
- Needlepoints beautifully on 10 to 18 count canvas
- Depending on your canvas, use different amounts of strands (or we call them plys)
- 3 plys cover 10 count canvas
- 2 plys cover 12 to 14 count canvas
- 1 plys cover 18 count canvas
- 8 yard, 3 ply skein (5-60" long strands)
- Also available in some colors in larger 2 oz (approximately 80 yards) and 4 oz (approximately 160 yards) bundles.
Colonial Persian Wool is the replacement for now defunct Paternayan Persian Wool. Made by the original spinner of Paternayan with the same proprietary process and with matching color numbers. Old JCA/Paternayan color cards can be used, although not every color is available. CP Stands for Colonial Persian in the name, "1" is a place holder and the -4 or -1 at the end of the number means size of the skein. So deciphering all that, CP1220-1 is Black Paterayan #220.
The yarn is spun from 100% long-staple virgin wool with extraordinary strength for no fraying or breaking during stitching. This versatile, mothproof, 3-ply yarn is perfect for heirloom-quality needlepoint, crewel, cross-stitch and more. Comes in dye lots, please specify in notes if you're trying to match dye lots. We will try to give matching dye lots in your order.