Malabrigo Dos Tierras
Dos Tierras means Two Lands, reflecting the sources of the two amazing fibers found in this ultra-soft yarn. By spinning together 50% of Malabrigo's fine Uruguayan Merino wool with 50% baby alpaca from Peru they create a DK weight yarn that is as versatile as it is beautiful. With great stitch definition and drape this four ply yarn is available in kettle-dyed, semi-solid and variegated colors to help show off your stitch work.
Great for: Accessories and hand-wash-friendly garments, next-to-skin wear, lace, cables, color-work, and textured stitches.
- Yarn Weight: DK
- Yarn Texture: 4 ply
- Yardage/Meters: 210 yards (193 meters) x100 grams (3.5 ounces)
- Gauge: 5 to 5.5 sts/in 20-22 sts = 4 inches
- Needle Size: 5-6 / 3.75-4.0 mm
- Hook Size: US I-9 to K-10/12 or 5.5-6.5 mm
- Content: 50% Merino Wool, 50% Baby Alpaca
- Care: Hand Wash, Cold water, Dry flat
Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. Skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag. To ensure random color distribution, work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.