Mechita is a fingering-weight version of Malabrigo's beautifully-dyed single-ply superwash yarn Mecha. Like all Malabrigo yarns, it is kettle-dyed in small batches by artisan dyers and is full of subtle variation and beauty. Just as vibrant, soft and rich as the original chunky Mecha yarn, but great for lighter projects for warmer climates!
Great for: Shawls, scarves, garments, accessories, baby and kids items, lace, cables, textured stitches.
- Fiber: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Yarn Weight: Fingering
- Yarn Texture: Single ply
- Yardage/Meters: 420 yards (384 meters) x 100 grams (3.53 ounces)
- Gauge: 6.5 to 7.5 sts/in 26.0 to 30.0 sts = 4 inches
- Needle Size: US 1 - 2 or 2.25 - 2.75mm
- Hook Size: US D-3 to 7 or 3,25 -4,0 mm
- Care: Machine washable, gentle cycle, cold water, do not tumble, dry flat
- Made in Uruguay
Note on hand-dyed yarn.
The beauty of hand dyed yarns is undeniable, but please remember every hand dyed skein is unique for better or worse. So please be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project at once since each bag is unique, and skeins will vary from bag to bag sometimes drastically and you have the best chance to get similar skeins if you order at one time. Skeins may vary noticeably from one to the next even within the same batch or bag. And not every skein may have every color in it. The best way to ensure random color distribution is to work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.