A rare single-ply superwash yarn! Malabrigo's beautiful superwash merino wool takes color in the most vivid, rich way, and nowhere is that more apparent than in the multi-layered hues of Mecha! Like all Malabrigo yarns, it is kettle-dyed in small batches by artisan dyers and is full of subtle variation and beauty. Soft as always, Mecha has a slight thick-and-thin texture, a fantastic loft, and is the perfect size for quick but not-too-heavy projects.
Great for: Accessories, garments, baby and kids items, cables, textured stitches.
- 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Yarn Weight: Chunky or Light Bulky
- Yarn Texture: single ply
- Yardage/Meters: 130 yards (119 meters) x 100 grams (3.5 ounces)
- Knit Needle: US 10 - 11 (6 - 8mm)
- Knit Gauge: 3 to 4 sts/in 12 to 13 sts = 4 inches
- Crochet Hook: US K-10/12 to M-13 or 6.5-9 mm
- Care: Machine washable, gente cycle, cold water, do not tumble, dry flat
Note on hand-dyed yarn.
The beauty of hand dyed yarns is undeniable, but please remember every hand dyed skein is unique for better or worse. So please be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project at once since each bag is unique, and skeins will vary from bag to bag sometimes drastically and you have the best chance to get similar skeins if you order at one time. Skeins may vary noticeably from one to the next even within the same batch or bag. And not every skein may have every color in it. The best way to ensure random color distribution is to work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.
Some Bunny to Love Hat Knit $6, 2 balls (1in each color)
Ridgeback Fingerless Mitts Knit $5.25, 1 ball