- Cross Stitch
- Hand Dyed Floss
- Gentle Art: Sampler Threads & Simply Shaker
- Gentle Arts Floss (Acorn - Flax)
Gentle Arts Floss (Acorn - Flax)
- Hand Dyed 6 stranded floss, 5 Yards per skein
- Also known as Sampler Threads and Simply Shaker Threads, there's no difference between these two categories
- Coverage Cross Stitch: 1 strand over 18 ct+ Aida / 36 ct+ linen
- Cross Stitch: 2 strands over 14 ct Aida / 28 ct linen
- Needlepoint: 4 strands over 18ct mono
- Hand Dyed in the US
From the company:
"Working with overdyed floss is a fun experience. We developed our SAMPLER THREADS and SIMPLY SHAKER threads especially to give new pieces an aged appearance. The thread colors are muted; the color variations per strand are subtle.
To work, unhook the skein and pull out one length. Cut this length in half, strip the floss strands needed, and you are ready to stitch.
Because these threads are hand-dyed in small amounts, there may be color and shade variations from dye lot to dye lot. We want our threads to evoke a "mood" rather than a static, assembly line look. We have named our threads with "moods" in mind — Evergreen, for example, can be like a blue spruce or Cape Cod scrub pine — each has different shading but are still an evergreen. Please keep these changes in mind when you work with our threads."
Please specify colors you need in the modifiers section below. We aim to keep all colors in stock. We twist the threads to make them take up less room, but you simply untwist them to put them back to normal.
*Please Note* The depiction of colors are not "exact" when shown on a computer. They are only intended to be used as a general guide. All sales are final, so please choose carefully.