- Cross Stitch
- Hand Dyed Floss
- Weeks Dye Works Floss
- Weeks Dye Works 6-Strand Floss (Palomino through Yukon Gold)
Weeks Dye Works 6-Strand Floss (Palomino through Yukon Gold)
- Hand dyed cotton floss
- Beautiful addition to hand-stitched projects
- 5 Yard skeins
- 6 strands of floss
- 240 colors available
- Use 1 strand for 38+ ct linen and 22 ct Hardanger or Aida
- Use 2 strands for 28 - 36 ct linen and 14 - 18 ct Aida
- Use 4 strands for 18 ct mono needlepoint canvas and 10 ct Aida
- Use 6 strands for 13 ct mono needlepoint canvas
Link to all Weeks Dye Works Floss we carry.
Six stranded hand dyed floss in 5 yard skeins. Hand dyed in the USA with an environmentally friendly process. Most colors are colorfast to industry standards according to the manufacturer. From the company:
This hand over-dyed, 6-stranded Egyptian cotton fiber was Weeks Dye Works' initial product line. It was introduced into the cross stitch and embroidery market in 1994, and remains our largest line with the most colors available. The colors are variegated enough to be noticeable, yet subtle enough to blend naturally.
Because it is pliable, this fiber is perfect for surface embroidery, cross-stitch and needlepoint on many different counts of fabric and canvas. It also works great for punch needle (1-, 3- and 6-strand) and stitching on wool appliqué and penny rugs. It gives a more nuanced appearance to the fine stitching on appliqué when compared to the heavier fibers, like perle cotton.
*Please Note* The depiction of thread colors are not "exact" when shown on a computer. They are only intended to be used as a general guide. All sales are final, so please choose carefully.