Alegria by Manos Del Uruguay
- Fingering weight
- 75% Superwash Merino wool, 25% Nylon (polyamide)
- 445 yards (425 meters) x 3.5 oz (100 grams)
- Gauge 7-7.5 sts/inch = 28-30 sts per 4"
- Knitting Needle US #1 - 3 (2.25 - 3mm)
- Care: Machine or hand wash gentle, dry flat
Alegría means "joy" in Spanish, and that's just what this hand-painted yarn is, a true color celebration! The super cushy and soft yarn is easy care with machine wash ability. Making it perfect for socks, shawls, sweaters, baby gear, or fun accessories..
About the company Manos del Uruguay is a special brand of hand spun & dyed artisan yarns that supports rural Uruguayan women. Manos is a non-profit organization that was founded to give women jobs, allowing them to be independent & support their families while being able to live in their home villages. They have been operating under these core beliefs for over 50 years now.